2023/2024 STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT ELECTIONS
Guidelines, Timetable and Forms
KWARA STATE POLYTECHNIC, ILORIN
OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR
DIRECTORATE OF STUDENTS’ SERVICES
GUIDELINES FOR THE CONDUCT OF 2023/2024 STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT ELECTIONS
The Polytechnic management hereby presents the guidelines for the conduct of the 2023/2024 Electronic Voting Student Union Government Elections which is scheduled to take place between Friday 9th June 2023 and Wednesday 26th June 2023.
Candidates are expected to satisfy the following requirements:
- ALL Elections will be Electronic Voting (Smart Voting System). Android Phones and Internet Gadgets can be used for the exercise.
- Only the 2022/2023 Academic Session duly registered students are eligible to vote and be voted for.
- Aspirants for the post of the President and the Speaker must possess CGPA of at least 3.00 in the last sessional examination result and should be of intermediate or advanced level in English Language proficiency, while other posts attract CGPA of 2.75 minimum.
- All Aspirants must present themselves to the screening committee decided by the Directorate of Students’ in consultation with the Polytechnic Management.
- For the National Association of Kwara State Students (NAKKS) Election, aspirants and voters MUST BE OF KWARA STATE ORIGIN
- The zoning for the 2023/2024
One Elective post should be reserved for the ND Students.
All Contestants from the Institutes and Departments must also download Election Screening Form A” 2023/24 for clearance to contest for any elective post
- Printed copies of the submitted online NOMINATION FORMS FOR ELECTIVE OFFICES MUST be submitted to the Office of the Directorate of students’ Services on the approved date as stated in the Election Time Table, duly signed by the Institute Director/ HOD with current CPGA
- Aspirants must be found worthy both in character and in learning.
- In the event of detection of false declaration, such candidate shall be sanctioned accordingly.
NOTE: Attached are;
- The Proposed Time Table for the Election.
- Nomination Form/Guarantor Form.
- Officers of the Executives of Departmental, Institutes and NAKKS shall be according to their respective Constitutions.
- SECURITY FORM