The name of the Journal is Journal of Research and Development Studies, published by the Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin, Nigeria. It aims to publish standard papers/articles in the field of sciences, engineering, environmental, social sciences and humanities.
Mission of the Journal
The mission of the journal is to advance knowledge by encouraging and promoting high quality research activities that are sponsored within the institution and by external institution. It is equally to provide avenue for reporting innovation of researcher.
Vision of the journal
The vision of the journal is to be worldwide known medium of communicating genuine, reliable and practical findings of innovations and scientific discovery in Sciences, engineering, environmental, social sciences and humanities.
Peer Review Process
Journal of Research and Development Studies adopts blind peer review whereby reviewers are unaware of author identity and vice versa. There shall be two reviewers per paper and shall be a specialist on the subject of the paper.
Articles received for review shall be treated as confidential documents. They must not be shown to or discuss with others except as authorized by the Editor- in- Chief. Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage.
Manuscripts shall be evaluated solely on their intellectual merit without regard to author’s race, gender, Sexual orientation, ethnic origin or citizenship and religion belief.
Originality and Plagiarism
Authors should ensure that their papers are entirely original works of theirs and where authors have used the words or work of other authors it should be appropriately cited.
- Editor- in- Chief shall be a seasoned academician from Engineering, Sciences and Management Studies within Kwara State Polytechnic.
- Other editors shall be seasoned academician, one person per institute in the Polytechnic i.e from engineering and technology, environmental, applied sciences, finance and management, information and communication.
- Consulting editors shall be from outside the Kwara State Polytechnic, but shall be an academician from universities and polytechnics.
The frequency of Publication shall be bi annually, two numbers per volume. This is however subject to flow of submissions from authors.
Acceptance of articles for publication
Articles are accepted for publication base on the followings:
- That such articles have been published elsewhere or been considered for publication in another journal.
- Subject to recommendation from reviewer and editor –in- chief.
- Payment of recommended publication charges where applicable, but if TETFUND sponsor the journal there shall be no charges or refund are made to the authors if earlier charges have been collected from the authors.
- Manuscripts are accepted with the understanding that the Author(s) have not violated any ethical practice.
- Authors are responsible for all the statements made in their work and should be willing to defend them possibly, if challenged.
- Authors should prepare their manuscripts submitted for the journal, according to the instructions given.
- Manuscripts which do not follow the format and style of the journal may be returned to the author(s) for revision or rejection.
- The journal reserves the right to make any further changes and language corrections necessary on a manuscript accepted for publication.
- Manuscripts and figures are not returned to the authors upon rejection of the paper.
The copyright for any articles that shall be submitted to the journal is automatically transferred to the Publisher (The Journal) if and when the article is accepted for publication.
Submission of Article/paper
Article can be submitted either as a soft copy through (e-mail), Flash drive or CD or as hard copies (three copies) by post.
Other Outlet of the journal
Research gate is other outlet that we show case this journal through editorial board members that are member of research gate.